WE ARE OPEN DURING THE COVID PANDEMIC!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health care and to your safety. The government and the Regulatory Colleges for Chiropractors, Physiotherapists and Massage Therapists have deemed that chiropractors, physiotherapists and massage therapists provide essential care to a person’s health, and therefore can remain open during the pandemic. This is not only for acute care, but also for any patient requiring regular, preventative care for their injuries, or health concerns.
The Clinic is following strict infection control recommendations made by the Canadian Regulatory Associations for Chiropractors, Physiotherapists and Massage Therapists, the Canadian Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and Ontario Public Health. We follow and subscribe to these agencies because your safety is of the utmost importance to us. Our affiliation with these organizations ensures that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued.
We have established infection control processes that have been in place for the safety and comfort of our patients and for our own protection as well. We have added some safety controls on top of our normal procedures for added precaution and want to make sure you know what to expect as you return to see us.
• We will be using the front foyer as a “CHECK IN ROOM” that will allow us to see that you have arrived for your appointment. We are striving to ensure that your room is ready for when you get there, but if you happen to be a bit early or late, we may ask that you wait outside or in your car before coming into the Clinic. We will text you or signal you from the window when your room is ready for you. Our “SIT IN” waiting room will be closed during this time and we discourage family or friends accompanying you on your visit.
• In the foyer, a hand sanitizing station is set up for you to sanitize before entering the Clinic. We also require that all patients wear a mask.
• Upon entry, patients will be taken directly to a treatment room and patients will be asked screening questions for COVID-19 to ensure it is safe to proceed with treatment. In addition, the time of entry and departure and your room number will be recorded for better contact tracing, if needed.
• PHYSICAL DISTANCING will be observed at all times for the safety of patients and staff, with the exception of the doctor or therapist that you are seeing.
• Treatment room doors for chiropractic care may remain open (unless, of course, there is a privacy issue) in order to minimize touched surfaces.
• Washrooms are equipped with sanitizer for after you have used the facilities.
• In order to minimize the time spent in the Clinic and at the front desk, we ask that you make as many appointments in advance, when possible and also pay in advance for those scheduled appointments. This is mainly for patients that are in an acute phase of their care and require multiple appointments through the month, not for regular or periodic visits.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours, and friends.
The Momentum Healing Arts Team
WE ARE A CONCUSSION TESTING AND MANAGEMENT CENTRE
Our Clinic continues to provide comprehensive Concussion management services. Momentum Healing Arts is a certified Complete Concussion Management Centre with baseline testing for all sport disciplines and post injury concussion management (eg. sports, trauma, car accidents). Read below for more complete information. Be sure to let your friends and family know.
Studies have consistently shown that well after an athlete has recovered from the initial symptoms of concussion, there may still be deficiencies in other systems. During this period of incomplete recovery the brain is extremely vulnerable to stress and secondary injury. Allowing a player to return too early places them at risk for serious and potentially permanent or fatal brain injury!
Comprehensive baseline testing includes all areas of potential deficits seen in concussion injuries including neurocognitive function (visual, spatial, auditory memory, concentration, etc.), reaction time, balance, visual tracking speed, and motor strength testing. In the event of an injury, these specific tests provide our specially trained doctors with specific information about each athlete so that a more informed and safer decision can be made as to when they return to play!
Best of all, concussion baseline testing is covered through secondary health benefits!
Sign up today to have your baseline test completed as an individual, or with your sports team to receive a group discount!
Want to learn more about the program?
Our certified practitioners, Dr. Astrid Trim (Chiropractor), Dr. Colleen Prendergast (Chiropractor), and Jinesh Ninan (Physiotherapist), are available to answer any questions you may have and can also provide presentations to be done for any sports organization/team!